Monday, June 13, 2011

"I know some soldiers in here"

Things I should be doing, right now:
-The dishes X(
-Calling my grandma
-Studying for finals

So here's the thing, I only have three more days, half days at that, remaining of my junior year of high school. I don't know what to think about that, it's really bittersweet. Obviously, it'll be great to be a senior, but then that's it, I'm done with high school. Which is something I definitely cannot wrap my head around right now.

A week from today, I am going to Cincinnati, Ohio with my youth group to "S.O.S." (Summer of Service) where we will spend a week performing service projects for the area and worshiping God. Two weeks from Thursday, I am leaving to go on vacation with my pastor's family. We will be going all over the place- Chicago, St. Louis, somewhere in northern Minnesota, Jackson, Wyoming... On August 11th-12th, I'm going to Indianapolis with marching band to see DCI (Drum Corps International)Quarterfinals at Lucas Oil Stadium. Then of course there's Interlochen the following week. Suffice to say that I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the road this summer.

Today, my good friend, Jake, left for Fort Stewart, GA. He is in the infantry and recently completed basic training at Fort Benning, GA (just like John in Dear John) and was stationed at Fort Stewart. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He stopped by my school today to say goodbye, mainly to his sister (who happens to be my best friend), but I was the second one in the hallway. Here are some snapshots.





8 days until the official start of summer!
God bless.

Title credit: "Soldier" Destiny's Child featuring T.I. and Lil Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment