Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Stay Together for the Kids"

It never ceases to amaze me how truly degrading and psychologically scarring divorce is. Not even everyone escapes with no physical deterioration! There are so, so many reasons why couples should avoid divorce, aside from the issue of morality. In my family alone the effects are flooring. My heart breaks every day when I think of my older brothers whom I love so dearly. They're truly amazing, yet they live totally unfulfilled lives. Obviously, no one can say the same thing wouldn't have happened if our parents had stayed together, but I'm pretty damn sure it is the main reason for it. Both have given up not only on the institution of marriage but on love as well. Not to mention, they lost their faith a long time ago. My younger brothers battle depression and aggression and my younger sister simply does not know what it's like to live with a father because she was so young when ours left. Personally, I had to go through anger management and therapy in FIFTH GRADE because I was so angry and depressed. It thoroughly sickens me, almost eight years after the fact, what divorce has done to my family and so many others. If your parents are still together, never take what you have for granted.


Gah! It felt good to rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment